Monday 7 February 2011

Newspaper front cover.


Some really quick, initial layout designs for the front cover of my newspaper.
Experimenting with photographs and type hierarchy.



I decided to title my newspaper "don't shave" It's a direct command. I'm implying nothing else but to keep their beards.
With these layouts I wanted to include a photo of a generic bearded man and let it take up all the space but with a bit of space left over for a title. I'm hoping that this striking image of a bearded man may attract peoples attention.


In these layouts I put aside the photograph (for now) and just relied on the command. I could see this really working as I want to say the message in a big black bold font which will stand out beautifully against the light stock. I think the command is all I need. I don't feel the need to dress it all up and to distract people from the initial command.  

No comments:

Post a Comment