Monday 7 February 2011

Newspaper.
After my crit with jo and amber (friday) I had a separate discussion with Jo about audience. Although I knew i wanted to target my product at people wishing to grow beards/keep theirs i was unsure where to place it and where it would sit in context. We discussed that whilst seated and waiting for a trim/shave you are faced with a pile of dull, dated magazines. People pass time by scanning these magazines not paying any real attention to the content. So, I wish to take advantage of this by combining all my content into one newspaper/magazine to replace the old magazines. This way it could be mass produced and be placed around barber shops around the country. 
My intention is to promote the beard so maybe after reading this people may be persuaded to not have a shave/trim.


So I'm abandoning the fold out idea. Simply because it felt like a gimmick and abit unnecessary.The main issue I had with the folds was figuring out where they would sit in the real world. Sure, I could make a BEARD PACK but where would that sit and who would see it?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment