Monday 3 December 2012

Type specimen mock up.

As part of the range for the typeface, I intent to produce a type specimen book.
These are made to promote the typeface.


Started off with an A5 document with 7 Columns.



7 columns seemed quite a lot for a simple type book but this allowed more flexibility.



Before showing the characters I included an introduction to the typeface explaining what it is and where the idea came from.

I then began to try different layouts. I don't the intro to be a heavy one nor do I wish to over design it.
The plan is to keep it simple and focus the attention on the characters themselves.

 

This one worked the best. As previously mentioned I wanted the design to be within the characters themselves and not to overdesign the book.








No comments:

Post a Comment