Sunday 13 November 2011

BOTTLE MOCK UP.


With my label designed, I could now apply it to an actual beer bottle. This allows me to not only 
see how the label works around a 3 dimensional object but it also allows me to see how it would work once produced.



I started off with an bottle with a label already on it.


I then let it soak in a sink fall of water. This makes it easier to peel the label cleanly without it ripping or leaving residue on the bottle. This bottle was left to soak overnight.


The following morning I came to uni with a fresh, clean bottle ready for a label.


I printed out the label on the laser printers (as this was only a mock up for a crit) I then spray mounted the label onto the bottle. I think the label works really well once applied to the 3 dimensional object. My main concern was how the type would look wrapped around a bottle but I think the type still works well.


I filled the bottle with beer and placed it in the fridge for context.

No comments:

Post a Comment