Friday 11 November 2011

BEER LABELS.

Now I have my logo I can start applying it to products. The things to consider when doing this is changing the scale of the logo for it to fit on many products. I don't consider my logo to be greatly detailed, at least not compared to other beer logos which are very illustrative. The first thing I shall be applying my logo to is the beer itself - my main produce. Although I want great consistency in my print module , I don't want to just stick my logo on a beer bottle and say I'm finished. Here are a few beer labels I have designed.


I instinctively wanted to go with a sheild label. The shield signifies the strength and royalty of the beer.



Whilst vectorising my labels. I noticed there was no hint of Yorkshire on the label, this is afterall - a Yorkshire Brewery. I decided to add "The hills of Yorkshire". The first drawing I found quite traditional and almost boring. So I used simple shapes to represent the Yorkshire hills.

VECTORING THE LABEL.
I moved my designs onto Illustrator and started with a simple shape of a sheild. Now I've got all the elements of my design, I can now experiment and move them about in illustrator.



Adding the Alcohol percentage.



Adding elements of the logo to the label design. I also added "Brewed in Yorkshire"



Adding the whole logo to the label.



Here I have added a white inner stroke in the shield and moved the circle logo up to alter the shape of the shield.



Changing the shape of the shield once again. I've also added a banner for "Premium" to emphasise the word.


The previous design looked unusually long at the bottom and because all the design was placed around the top and centre of the shield, it looked unbalanced. To balance the design out I added shapes of hills. This not only balances out the design, it also hints once again that the beer was brewed in Yorkshire and suggests that the barley used for brewing was from the Yorkshire Dales.

No comments:

Post a Comment