Monday 31 January 2011

3 bearded wise men.


Although Darwin was a wise men it would be unfair to leave the others out. 
Also I never wanted to mislead people into thinking it was just about Charles Darwin.

So as you can see in this layout I've decided to include Abraham Lincon and Sigmund Freud =
3 WISE BEARDED MEN (based on the 3 wise men of Nazareth of course)



I then made it off white and lowered the opacity percentage of the men so I could add type knowing that the images won't be in the way and making the poster look too busy.


Here, I'm just applying the type and playing round with the layout/ heirachy of it all.
I think it seems to be working better than the other designs. I quite like how the "3 wise bearded men came into it" It adds JUST a touch of humour and familiarity but keeping it relevant to beards.

Different type layouts.





Here I've made the proverb the title and spaced things out more giving them room to breath. I
'm still using helvetica FOR NOW just because it's such a neutral font. I'll apply for traditional typeface later.

The poster with the garamond typeface applied. The type looks abit squeezed in between the photos so I'll make it smaller so it has more space to breath.


This is much better. Everything has more space to breath and I feel more comfortable looking at it. Although, I do think the first design had more impact and worked better as a poster. I think it's a fight between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment